This Month’s quick quiz is based on our Human Resources & Training Theme and the various articles and other content in this month’s issue of CMC Today
Q1 – Good decision-making in consulting or management also requires exercising of good judgement. But what is good judgement in the eyes of one may not be so good in the eyes of the other. Which aspects are most important to you in evaluating good judgement?
- Values supported
- Outcomes achieved
- Proper process followed
- Multi-dependency variables considered
- Risks mitigated.
Exerting good judgement as a consultant, executive or Board member always has the corporate Vision, Goals and Values as context and to help guide the above elements. For more on this see our Feature Article this month on Improving Executive and Board Decision-making.
Q2 – Risk Management in decision-making has many trade-offs to consider which of the following trade-offs. Which ones are you most comfortable or experienced in handling:
- Truth Telling vs. Telling Lies
- Individual/Organizational Gain vs. Common Good
- Profitability vs. Security
- Resourcing Priorities
- Strategy Options.
For more information on risk management, see Improving Executive and Board Decision-making.
Q3 – Consultants and executives lead by regularly clarifying and setting context for others. Which of the following components do you clarify when setting context for your team?
- Society, economy, technology & marketplace expectations
- Customer value shifts
- Internal costs and/or investment priorities
- Project & Resourcing priorities and/or timeline rankings
Find out more about this topic in our feature article CEO’s who Fail to set Context Fail Their Organization.
Q4 – 70% of the Cities of the world today are suffering from the effects of climate change. Which of the following are the most effective in reversing this impact?
- Creating inner-city forests
- Reducing individual and commercial emissions
- Roof-top and patio gardens
- Handling rainfall or rising tides – water absorption/run-off mitigation
- Reduced energy consumption
To find out more on this topic, see the session notes from the 6th International CMC Conference New Paradigms in Social environment and urban life.
Q5 – 72% of C-Suite executives in IBM’s indicate that innovation and innovative organizations lead the disruption of industries and marketplaces. Which of the following does your organization (or as a consultant do you) promote and resource:
- Continuous reinvention of products, programs and services
- Digital transformation to customer interactions
- Customer data analysis
- Communities of practice that share and collaborate in prototyping, solution-building for customer challenges, etc.
- Customer insights and feedback loops
For more compelling insights and research information please see IBM’s Global C-Suite study report 19th Edition.