ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity Assessment
General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons
ICMCI’s authorisation program for IMCs to be recognized internationally as an Authorised Personnel Certification Body in accordance with ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity assessment — General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons standard.
Benefit to IMCs:
How will an IMC benefit from being an Authorised Body?
Being an authorised Body provides independent, objective evidence that IMCs operate at the highest level of ethical, legal, and technical standards, and ensures that certification bodies providing certification schemes for persons (Including the CMC) operate in a consistent, comparable, and reliable manner according to international standards.
Note: IMCs can undergo their CMC Triennial Assessment during an ISO/IEC 17024:2012 audit.
Why is this important for IMCs?
Today professionals must be educated and certified to compete in a global marketplace.
1. Help your members earn the trust of their customers:
Authorisation of personnel certification bodies is a process that every confident certification provider must go through to successfully continue its activities, be a worthy participant in this competing market, and earn the trust of its customers. Because the competency assessment is carried out by independent and impartial experts, the authorised provider truly deserves the clients' trust in itself and its deliverables.
Due to the positive impact of certification of persons on economic development, many countries are exploring how to design and implement formal certification systems. This may include designing in- country certification systems that are unique to country specific needs, adapting existing internationally recognized certification systems, and/or encouraging international certification bodies to make certifications available to citizens within a country.
2. Helps your members to sell their services in export markets:
Authorisation helps to reduce barriers to trade and provides proper conditions for exports, for business Authorisation is an effective tool for decision-making and risk management. Organizations can save time and money by choosing an authorised and therefore competent partner.
3. Proves that the IMC has a management system that adheres to international standards:
An authorised certification body provides evidence that it has established policies and objectives for its activities and implements and maintains a management system that supports and demonstrates the consistent achievement of the International Standard requirements.
The Wider Benefits:
As our world becomes more global, boundaries that have been historically defined by states, provinces or even countries are rapidly disappearing. Nowhere is this more evident than in the areas of professional certifications in many industries.
Rapid changes in technology, delivery systems, and workforce mobility have increased the need for systems that promote the transnational use of qualified persons and services. Transnational standards that address the education and credentialing of personnel are a critical component of such systems.
Being an Authorised Body is your guarantee of reliable and comparable conformity assessment results for user of authorised services and customers in the global economy.
Globalization of personnel regulatory systems is being driven by many factors including:
- Increased governmental and private sector interest in negotiating service agreements that require systematic means of defining the requirements for, and evaluating, what constitutes “qualified personnel”.
- The interest of national and multi-national corporations to expand their businesses globally and ensure consistency in the quality of their employees; an accreditation provides reliable and impartial basis for sound decision-making.
- The interest from employers and regulators in improving industry practices through utilization of better qualified personnel.
- The interest of consultancy companies to expand their businesses globally and ensure consistency in the quality of their employees.
Certification bodies from around the world can seek the ICMCI Aurhorisation as proof that their work is in line with the most current national and international standards and regulations.
WELCOME TO APPLY FOR AUTHORISATION!
The application process includes the following steps:
- Fill out the application form and include in section two the certifications in scope.
- Sign the absorption form after viewing the Fees summary.
- Co-sign the MOU to be provided by ICMCI.
- Undergo the audit by liaising with the assigned auditor.
- Receive the report from auditor and approve it.
- Receive the Certificate of Authorisation issued by ICMCI.
- A link to a document that could assist you in assuring your certification schemes are according to standard: https://www.iso.org/files/live/sites/isoorg/files/archive/pdf/en/casco_-_certification_of_persons.pdf
- Watch a video by BCC Kosovo – A Testimonial
About ISO/IEC 17024:2012
The international Standard ISO/IEC 17024:2012 Conformity assessment– General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons, provides a global benchmark for quality certification. During recent years, this standard, developed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which represents members from 162 countries has changed the way certifications are offered and has harmonized expectations for what constitutes quality certifications throughout the world. This standard was developed by ISO based on the need for public protection by establishing that individuals have the required competencies to perform their job. Government agencies worldwide have recognized the standard as a critical requirement for personnel certification bodies that offer certification in many industries including diverse and critical areas related to public health, environment, and national security.