Institute Name: Institute of Management Consultants & Master Coaches of South Africa
Date of Foundation: 28 April 1972
Date of ICMCI Membership: 1987
Type of Membership: Full Member
Vision: The Institute is the professional body representing management consultants, businesses, executives and leadership coaches. It sets and maintains standards for these professions in South Africa. It seeks to make the professions recognised, respected and accepted as providing a valuable and indispensable service to organisations in South Africa and the Southern African Region. The IMCSA thus:
- Draws from and services all facets of our society.
- Encourages the achievement of standards required by the profession through its accreditation process.
- Promotes and maintains contact with complementary local, regional, national and international bodies.
Mission: The Institute was inaugurated on 28 April 1972 to: Act as the certifying body for the Management Consulting and Coaching Professions and to represent and enhance these Professions in South Africa to clients, authorities and the community at large.
Main Goals: To achieve its mission, the Institute undertakes the following activities:
- The maintenance of the code of professional conduct and the required disciplinary procedures.
- Setting of standards for acceptance to the Institute in order to promote public confidence in its members, qualifications and abilities.
- The certification of successful applicants.
- The accreditation and facilitation of education programmes for members and potential members.
- The maintenance of a member's handbook and register of skills.
- Promotional and public relations activities.
- The distribution of a journal, brochures, articles and informative material.
- The arrangement of social functions, including the achiever of the year award.
Visiting Address: 12 Shelley Ave, Willowild, Sandton, 2196 South Africa
Head Staff Person: Angelo Kehayas, Executive Director
Secretariat or Key Staff Name: Mmotsa Makhene, Secretariat
Chair: Kiran Fakir (President)
Delegate: Angelo Kehayas