Denmark’s Education for Management
Consultants Program (EMC)
Now AMCC designated
The Accredited Management Consulting Course (AMCC) designation is granted by CMC-Global to a higher education institution or commercial training provider in recog-nition of a course offering that meets CMC-Global’s standards for excellence, and co-vers content compatible with the CMC Professional Body of Knowledge and ongoing enhancement of professional practice.
The Education for Management Consultants (EMC) program is approved in Den-mark with CMC-Denmark as the provider and program owner.
You can see the CMC-Global.org homepage for approved providers.
- Demonstrated alignment with CMC Global, the world’s largest Professional Management Consultant association
- Certification holders (CMC certified Consultant’s), have it easier to maintain the certificate
- Qualifications are verified before acceptance and yearly thereafter through CMC-Global’s quality review process
- Verified focus of courses and learning outcomes
- Trainers must be current in learning methods and must continuously enhance their skills
- Courses must be current and aligned to the latest CMC-Global Standards
- Demonstrated continuous improvement of courses based on student feedback
- Permission to use the CMC-Global AMCC logo in relation to the specified en-dorsed course
- Listing on the CMC-Global website
- Invitations to appropriate CMC-Global events
- The opportunity to exchange ideas with other AMCC providers
Standards for passing the AMCC
Standards for achieving the AMCC designation are derived from a combination of the CMC-Global Competency Framework, ISO 17011 and ISO 17024. The Trainers in the program must also be approved. Standard requirements are, that they have been through a formal Train the Trainer program and they are Certified Management Con-sultants (CMC’s).
CMC-Global will embed reviews of the monitoring of these standards as part of the triennial IMC assessment. Thus, only full members of CMC-Global will be able to offer the AMCC designation.
CMC-Global Competency Framework
The CMC Global Competency Framework consist of 3 main areas and 8 sub-areas. See figure.
The 8 sub-areas are divided into 39 Competence definitions, where assessment crite-ria’s is defined for every competence.
EMC Competence Framework
When we create the EMC competency framework, we took the out-set in CMC-Global Competency Framework, ISO/EN standards, other Industry standards from ex. UK and USA and Customer surveys from 7 countries.
So, the CMC Global is a superset for the EMC Competency Framework.
The EMC Global Competency Framework consist of 3 main areas and 17 sub-areas. The 17 sub-areas are divided into 41 Competence definitions, where assessment cri-teria’s is defined for every competence.
Mapping of CMC-Global Competency Framework and Education for Management Consultants Program
We have done a mapping of the EMC Education for Management Consultants with the CMC-Global Competency Framework to secure that we are compliant with the re-quirements.
Author: Steen Vierø Petersen, Bachelor and MDM in Management, CMC and PMP Certi-fied. Source for this article is the CMC-Global.org