CMC- Global Bd Chair attends UN Conference of NGO’s
On September 25th, 2015, various member countries of the United Nations adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years.
For the goals to be reached, everyone needs to do their part: governments, the private sector, civil society and professionals such as CMC’s!
CMC- Global, as part of the UN Consultative Status organizations, has been promoting and assuring the goals gain exposure, the actions are clear, and that our management consultants worldwide assist in creating better awareness. Our Chairman, Sorin Caian, attended the CoNGO (The Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations) 70th Anniversary Event in Vienna on the 12th of October. The goals and their importance was top on the agenda, and it was clear that we as CMC’s deal with the goals through our Institutes of Management Consulting and their member CMC’s. Also, as a community of thought leaders and influencers, we are, through our day to day business, dealing with many if not all of these UN strategic goals; and their Agenda 2030 fits perfectly with our CMC-Global vision.
The New UN Sustainable Development Goals are:
The concept of “Sustainable Development” has evolved significantly in recent years and the NEW sustainability goals include:
- Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6: Ensure access to water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8: Promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources
- Goal 15: Sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, halt and reverse land degradation, halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16: Promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Several of CMC-Global’s country institutes are very involved in this new sustainability initiative – such as Italy’s APCO, hosts of our 6th Annual CMC Conference in October 2018.
Sorin Caian, CMC-Global’s Chair had this to say of the UN meetings:
“The CoNGO started the actions of celebrating its 70th anniversary with a couple of events at the UN Headquarters in Vienna, on October 12th. Participating with them, it became more obvious to me the value that ICMCI can bring to this UN consultative entity as well as the opportunities derived from linking our members in various countries to the NGOs acting in their territories, and at the global level.”
To know more about each goal’s details and objectives you can visit the UN website at the below link: http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/